directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting VM Parameters in Apacheds
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 06:50:07 GMT
ramesh fenandoz a écrit :

> Hi ,

Hi !

>    I want to set min max heap size for jvm when apacheds starts, Is
> there any place i can configure this? I am running apacheds-RC1 on linux

As it's running as a service on Linux, it will be in the file
/etc/init.d/apacheds. There is a switch with a "start" option, where you
can modify the JVM parameters :

case "$1" in
  start)
    #
    # Start apacheds
    #
    echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
    ulimit -S -c 0 >/dev/null 2>&1
    RETVAL=0

    $DAEMON_HOME/apacheds \
    -user $APACHEDS_USER \
    -home $JAVA_HOME \
parameter here, don't forget the \ !
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=$TMP_DIR \
    -Dlog4j.configuration=file://$SERVER_HOME/conf/log4j.properties\
    -pidfile $PID_FILE \
    -outfile $SERVER_HOME/var/log/apacheds-stdout.log \
    -errfile $SERVER_HOME/var/log/apacheds-stderr.log \
    -cp $CLASSPATH \
    org.apache.directory.daemon.JsvcBootstrapper \
    $APACHEDS_HOME start