directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Bennett" <timothy.eugene.benn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 04:43:26 GMT

> John E. Conlon wrote:
> > Since Enrique has implemented the fundamental components of the ADS OSGi
> > framework in the 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT,  perhaps we could concentrate on
> > documenting these components (and thus the major building blocks of ADS)
> > in the fashion similar to what Peter has suggested in his blog?
>
> Sure sounds like a good idea.  Timothy are you interested in working on
> this as well?

Sure.  I'm responding just before going to bed, so I've had time to look at
Kriens' blog entry, but it sounds like a good idea.  I'll make time to check
this out (Sunday).

> The horizontal documentation will be targeted to system engineers,
> > component assemblers, and system administrators while the internals will
> > provide the additional details needed for developers.
> >
> > WDYT?
> This is excellent.  Any thoughts from others?  Tim?

I'm willing pitch in wherever.  I'm very interested in learning how to build
servers using the OSGi runtime, and I'm sure I'll learn a ton from Enrique
and his code.  One of the best ways I learn is to jump in and document some
code I didn't write.

--
timothy