directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Bennett" <timothy.eugene.benn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 04:44:05 GMT

> The number of active committers on Apache Directory Server is dwindling
> and we have many areas where a single developer has been working alone.
> Some email threads have tried to address the issue of the lack of enough
> committers in specific areas: see threads [0] & [1].  So we are
> suffering mostly in the following areas:
>
> o OSGi effort,
> o Kerberos protocol development,
> o Changepw protocol development,
> o DHCP protocol development, and
> o DNS protocol development.

As a former committer at Apache Avalon Merlin project and a current
committer at Apache Felix, I'm highly interested in the OSGi effort at
Apache Directory, and I'd like to be a part of helping in that effort.
However, I know next to nothing about the internals of ADS, but I'm willing
to learn.  And a good way may be to dig in and help document the code.

--
timothy