directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS Maven POM and inherited dependencies
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:05:27 GMT
Let me see if I get this on a more general level.

We have multiple projects.

Each project has dependencies.

When those projects are built, the dependencies
are included with the build.

So when we combine all these projects we have
duplicated dependencies on the classpath or at least
duplicate dependency jars in the main build...because
each sub project has overlapping dependencies.

If my understanding is correct, then we  should be
able to resolve this by setting the dependency scope
attribute to "compile" on the subprojects, and
list all the dependencies in the main ADS pom, with
scope set to "runtime".

Cheers,
- Ole