directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:47:08 GMT
Just a couple of more thoughts...

Have committer guidelines focused at the archetype
level.

So have some general global comitter guidelines that
go across all ADS projects (So one step below the
general apache guidelines), and then guidelines/rules
specific to each arcetype and that archetype's
instances.

The guidelines on the archetype should make it really
easy for someone to contribute and validate the
contribution on their own, thereby minimizing the
review effort of the archetype creator.

Encapsulate those guidelines in templates to the
extent possible and use code generation /
documentation generation as much as
possible...essentially just extend maven.

=== message truncated ===