directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject OSGi Diagrams
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:59:43 GMT

IMO we will need at least two types of diagrams to visualize the OSGi-
ness of ADS.

1. Bundle deployment diagrams
	a. Bundle Export visualization
	b. Bundle Import visualization
	c. Bundle Export/Import wiring visualization
	d. Bundle jar encapsulation
2. Bundle Service diagrams (These are what Peter describes)
	a. Bundle Service Registrations visualization
	b. Bundle Service Dependencies visualization
	c. Bundle Registrations/Dependencies visualization

The DIA drawing tool that Enrique mentions is a  drawing tool that I
think will work fine for simple bundle services. (Peter is using visio
to do his drawing.) But for complex services diagrams and especially for
the deployment diagrams it will be labor intensive to keep the drawings
in sync.  Our problem with ADS is that the diagrams get pretty intense
graphically when visualizing many bundles.

So for the past weeks I have been experimenting with graphic layout
engine toolkits and applications for visualizing the deployment
diagrams.

How about I generate the deployment diagrams while someone else uses dia
to diagram the services.

Is there a place (wiki?) that we can post the diagrams from this effort?

John