directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Oscar Herrera" <oherr...@studiocom.com>
Subject RV: [MINA] IoThreadPoolFilter in 0.9.4
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:11:57 GMT
... and besides the questions below... what about
ProtocolThreadPoolFilter? Was it removed?, does it have any other name
on 0.9.4?,

I really appreciate any help you can give me on this subject,

Thank you,

Oscar Herrera

Studiocom

________________________________

De: Oscar Herrera [mailto:oherrera@studiocom.com]
Enviado el: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:35 PM
Para: Apache Directory Developers List
Asunto: RE: [MINA] IoThreadPoolFilter in 0.9.4

Thanks for your prompt answer. Is there anyway to manually configure
this?. I ask this because actually I've been making some profiling on my
application and I find that only one of the threads is being used for
all write operations, so as you can imagine when I get around 120 users
the servers starts responding slowly and when it gets to about 260 it
definitely stops responding and instead the memory starts increasing
rapidly until an out of memory exception crashes the server.

Any idea where might be the error?, how can I assure that the server is
using the ThreadPool for processing messages?

This is how I'm implementing it right now:

IoAcceptor ioAcceptor = new SocketAcceptor();

ioAcceptor.bind(new InetSocketAddress(serverPort), this.ioHandler);

Thank you so much in advance for your help,

Oscar Herrera

Studiocom