Hi Ajay,

thanks for trying ADS !

On 6/30/06, Ajay Upadhyaya <ajayup@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I've started trying apacheds1.0-RC3, I was trying to figure out ways to

a. Specify any tuning parameters like max no of threads (readers), to control no of concurrent requests server can handle, backlog size etc.

We don't have any way, right now, to modify those parameters, but we may add them easily - and I think we will -.

b. Start multiple instances of apacheds server (to have failover). If yes, can they share the same data partition (NFS could be an option ?)

Well, atm,  you can launch  as many ADS  as you wont, considering each server uses its own port (which is a parameter in the server.xml file). And, yes, they can share the same data partition, but I don't think it's something that will be reliable :( . We have to work on that too...

c. Fast, command line tool to export LDIF from the server (for backup purposes).

That one, we have :)  It's in ApachedsTools, and I will try to give you the exact CL to use  in  a few hours ( I have to check and double check aboit it, and may be update the documentation )

Emmanuel.

Thanks,
Ajay

--