directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413368 - in /directory/branches/apacheds/optimization/core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core: exception/ operational/ partition/ partition/impl/btree/jdbm/
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:42:10 GMT
Hi Alex,

I saw that in your last commit :

</snip>
directory/branches/apacheds/optimization/core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/JdbmDirectoryPartition.java
Sat Jun 10 LdapDN normalizedAliasTargetDn = null; // Name value of
aliasedObjectName

> +        normalizedAliasTargetDn = new LdapDN( aliasTarget );
> +        normalizedAliasTargetDn.normalize();

</Snip>

you can do it this way (AFAIR, because I can check the code, being far
from my computer) :

normalizedAliasTargetDn = LdapDN.normalize( aliasTarget );

I know this is not really explicit, but the static method do a clone()
so the DN you get as a result is a copy of the original DN.

The problem is that the JavaDoc may be not adequatly written, and that
it's a PITA to have to look ionto the class code to know the behavior
of such a static method :)

Man, I have to write a compete and correct doco on LdapDN class... :(

Hope things are going well for you !

I'll be back in Paris in 10 hours. Weather is great,, sun is shining,
it's a pity I can't swim in a pool (a ldap connecion pool, I mean :)

Emmanuel