directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject FW: Code based on a one man show is bad news ( was: Re: [Fwd: svn commit: r408142 - ... )
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 00:57:12 GMT
Somehow no one moderated this before it expired.

Is there anyone volunteering to moderate directory lists?

    --- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Bennett  <timothy.eugene.bennett@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 10:54
To: Apache Directory Developers List; erodriguez@apache.org
Subject: Re: Code based on a one man show is bad news ( was: Re: [Fwd: svn commit: r408142
- ... )

  I am really excited to hear that you are hoping to get more involved in
  not just OSGi but also the "realm controller" protocol providers.  While
  I work to alleviate the user support issues and to write documentation
  specific to the provider implementations, a really great way to start to
  come up to speed on DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, Change Password, and NTP is by
  reading the IETF specifications that these protocols are based on.  If
  you wanted I could put together a reading list of the relevant IETF
  RFC's, as well as the page numbers and chapters of the OSGi R4
  specification, since much of the R4 spec does not apply to our project.

  Enrique

I, too, am interested not just on the OSGi as a runtime platform for Directory, but also with
protocol side of things as well.  I've done some IETF spec implementations in the past, and
would like to contribute in this area of Directory as well.  I've been implementing Triplesec
at my work, and with it riding on top of Directory, I'd like to get more deeply involved.

I would definitely appreciate a reading list of the relevant RFCs and the OSGi R4 chapters/pages.

--
timothy