directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@stanford.edu>
Subject Various questions
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:53:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at apache DS as compared to OpenLDAP, and have an initial set
of questions:

(a) is it possible to bulk load an LDIF file while the server is offline?
If yes, how?
(b) If I choose to load an LDIF file via the server.xml file, is the
beginning and end of the load logged, so that a timing mark can be drawn
from it?
(c) How does one tune the underlying database?
(d) Is there any way to tune an entry cache, etc, for Apache DS?
(e) When one specifies an index for an attribute, I see no way to
differentiate between equality, substring, presence, etc.  If an attribute
is indexed, is it then simply indexed for all possible search methods?
(f) Are there any other general guidelines for tuning Apache DS?

Thanks,
Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount