directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Various questions
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:03:25 GMT

--On Monday, June 05, 2006 7:54 PM -0400 Alex Karasulu
<aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Quanah,
>
> Well I'm glad someone from Symas Corp.  is on this list.  However you're
> just trying to make ApacheDS look bad while promoting OpenLDAP.  That's
> not too sincere when we're trying to answer your questions to the best
> of our ability.

Actually, I'm not trying to make Apache look bad at all, and although I do
work part time for Symas, that is not my primary occupation.

> We're not here to compete.  We appreciate OpenLDAP and the work done
> there.

Did I say it was?

> Now your less than friendly tone makes total sense.

If you think my observations on indexing are related to the above, you are
quite mistaken.  As noted, my observations come from 7 years of running a
directory service.  If you aren't interested in advice from someone who
actually deals with directory services in a large scale production
environment every day, fine, ignore them.  But that's certainly not a good
way to go to improve the product.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount