directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajay Upadhyaya" <aja...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Issue DIRSERVER-586
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:39:04 GMT
Hi,
I was having similar problems (with apacheds 0.9 on Linux client-server) as
mentioned in Ref: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-586, so I
did some more tests using the attached test case. Here is my observation

Client Env
1. Test running On Windows
- The test hangs (intermittently) with jdk1.5.0_04, but it works fine with
jdk1.5.0_07, j2sdk1.4.2_04

2. Tets running on Linux (Linux 2.4.20-8smp)
- The test hangs (always) with jdk1.5.0_07 but works fine j2sdk1.4.2_06

Server Env
apacheds 1.0RC3 on Linux 2.4.20-8smp using jdk1.5.0_07

I had to modify the source code of the test case attached in JIRA to run it
on jdk1.4, modified code is attached.

I've doubts on whether it is apacheds issue or sun jndi issue. Apacheds dev
team could investigate it further.

As I mentioned, I'm facing this issue on apacheds 0.9 so I was hoping that
upgrade to 1.0RC3 would probably solve this problem. I did not had any
repeatable test case with apacheds 0.9. But the test case in JIRA is
definitely repeatable on apacheds 1.0 RC3.

Thanks,
Ajay