directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Betts <ch...@pegacat.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (DIRSERVER-591) Putting some chars like "é" in common name with JXPlorer or my client code creates problems
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:32:00 GMT
Hi Folks,

   you're probably on top of this already, but if it helps:

a) JX correctly read/writes non ascii characters into UTF-8 without  
any stress (we test for this, and I've just tried it against another  
directory)
b) the '/ufffd' is a java escape code for a unicode character - you  
should be able to convert it to UTF-8 using a string constructor like  
'new String("/ufffd random stuff", "UTF-8")'.

    good luck :-)

    - Chris

(jxplorer dev)

On 25/06/2006, at 11:03 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny (JIRA) wrote:

>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-591? 
> page=comments#action_12417678 ]
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny commented on DIRSERVER-591:
> ---------------------------------------------
>
> I don't know about JXplorer, but with LdapBrowser, if you modify an  
> entry (let say cn=lecharny, ou=users, ou=system to cn=lécharny,  
> ou=users, ou=system), it works if you select the 'with children'  
> option.
>
> We must create a test case for this one, I think.
>
> (tested on 1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT)
>
>> Putting some chars like "é" in common name with JXPlorer or my  
>> client code creates problems
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> ----------------------
>>
>>          Key: DIRSERVER-591
>>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-591
>>      Project: Directory ApacheDS
>>         Type: Bug
>
>>     Versions: 1.0-RC1
>>  Environment: Win XP SP2
>> JRE 1.5.0_04
>> ApacheDS RC1.0
>>     Reporter: Tony Blanchard
>
>>
>> It seems the apacheds database does not like "é" chars.
>> I even think trying to destroy such entries containing such chars  
>> lead to database severe corruption but I have no real and  
>> systematic clue yet.
>> To reproduce, simply try to put a group with a "é" char in the cn  
>> attribute with JXplorer. Now, try to modify it. Exception araise.
>> Now, in my client code, I see SearchResult returned with bad  
>> results in getName() or getNameInNameSpace(). It seems it returns  
>> a string  with " " replaced by "%20" and "é" char replaced with a  
>> value like /ufffd or something like this.
>> Nevertheless, if I retrieve the attributes from the SearchResult I  
>> get the correct "cn" value with a correct "é" char in it
>
> -- 
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> -
> If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the  
> administrators:
>    http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
> -
> For more information on JIRA, see:
>    http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>


Mime
View raw message