directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (DIRSERVER-591) Putting some chars like "é" in common name with JXPlorer or my client code creates problems
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 06:29:41 GMT
Chris Betts a écrit :

> Hi Folks,
>   you're probably on top of this already, but if it helps:
> a) JX correctly read/writes non ascii characters into UTF-8 without  
> any stress (we test for this, and I've just tried it against another  
> directory)
> b) the '/ufffd' is a java escape code for a unicode character - you  
> should be able to convert it to UTF-8 using a string constructor like  
> 'new String("/ufffd random stuff", "UTF-8")'.
>    good luck :-)
>    - Chris

Thanks Chris !

My guess is that we may have a problem for modification of an attribute 
that is also a part of the DN.

This is why I need a test case to be able to reproduce the problem, and 
also to be sure that it does not popup for the next releases ;)


View raw message