directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PERFORMANCE] #2
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:16:54 GMT
Trustin Lee a écrit :

> On 6/22/06, *Emmanuel Lecharny* <elecharny@gmail.com
> <mailto:elecharny@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     for those who are interested, I run a little profiling session of the
>     server.
>
>     The server was previously loaded with 10 000 users, and I run a random
>     search of 1 500 users, before capturing a snapshot of the method
>     calls.
>
>     The result can be found in the attached file.
>

> Everything looks good.  We could now optimize object serialization scheme.

Yeah, and some other little things too ;) If we look at the YourKit
snapshot, you can see that we create 13955 LdapDN, for 1557 searches
requests. There are 3 different constructors, of which the LdapDN(
byte[] ) is used by the ASN.1 decoder. Once created, a DN is not
supposed to be parsed again, so my guess is that we have around 12400
object creation that are not needed. FYI, creating a LdapDN object  is
the most costly object into the server ( it's acountable for at least
15% of the total time).

> It would also be nice if you post YourKit's hotspot report, too.

Attached.

Emmanuel