directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Various questions
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:15:08 GMT
Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :

> --On Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:03 AM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny
> <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
>>

>>> --On Monday, June 05, 2006 12:03 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount

>>> Emmanuel was able to help me resolve this, and I successfully loaded
>>> the 250k entries into the Apache DS after increasing the java memory
>>> allocation.
>>

>> Cool ! We never went farther than 100k. I guess it was horribly long
>> (around 1 hour...). We still have a concern about memory. We may have to
>> check that we don't create an infinite number of threads on the newtwork
>> side. I think it's limited (and, yes, sorry, but no parameter right
>> now).
>>
>> Jeez... We are far from being production ready :)
>>
>> Thanks for the head up, man !
>

> Good call on the time, it was 54 minutes via ldapadd. :)
>
> I gave it 2GB of memory to play with, that may have been overkill, but
> it worked.

Any idea about the real memory used ? (jconsole) But I don't want to
push you on this, don't loose 54' again :)

What scared me a lot is that if we need to push ADS to the limit, I know
a company which had 70 millions entries in its ldap server. So if it
goes linear (very unlikely, and if it goes, I guess that their ise
something wrong in the B-tree impl :), that would mean 12 days of
processing on ADS. Oh My !

btw, we are currently trying to close a RC4, as I stated recently in one
of my previous post, so don't spend too much time playing with RC3, it's
really not usable. Just enjoy the ease of installation it offers, thanks
to Alex work.

1Am, CEST, time to dream about the fastest Ldap server on earth... (may
be OpenLdap for this night :)