directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Various questions
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:03:14 GMT
Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :

> --On Monday, June 05, 2006 12:03 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
> <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> I tried loading a 250,000 (very small) database into Apache DS tonight,
>> and it died horribly somewhere between 10k and 11k entries.
>

> Emmanuel was able to help me resolve this, and I successfully loaded
> the 250k entries into the Apache DS after increasing the java memory
> allocation.

Cool ! We never went farther than 100k. I guess it was horribly long
(around 1 hour...). We still have a concern about memory. We may have to
check that we don't create an infinite number of threads on the newtwork
side. I think it's limited (and, yes, sorry, but no parameter right now).

Jeez... We are far from being production ready :)

Thanks for the head up, man !