directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Gettting an OID to Normalizer map for LdapDN
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:29:50 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

>Hi,
>
>I was looking at LdapDN.normalize() which takes another LdapDN and an OID to normalizer
map.  Emmanuel these OID's are he OIDs of attributeTypes correct?

LdapDN.normalize( LdapDN dn, HashMap oids ) is supposed to get the dn  parameter and return
its normalized form

>Also I created a new method in AttributeTypeRegistry called getNormalizerMapping().  The
registry will manage and cache the normalizers for attributeTypes by accessing the equality
match matching rule of the attributeType and getting it's normalizer.  Then it will add the
normalizer to the map by OID and by name.

I think I tried to do the same thing with a class named OIDContainer,
somewhere in the code. It's initialzed only once, at startup. The
OidContainer name is not really the best one :)

>I implemented this method in the BootstrapAttributeTypeRegistry and the GlobalAttributeTypeRegistry
and committed it in revision 411456 here:

>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=411456
>
>Emmanuel we were talking about how and where from we can get this normalization map.
I think this is the best place to build it and manage it.  Because we can have the map updated
by the registry when new attribute types are registered.

>WDYT?

As far as we can modify the schema -which is not the case right now- ,
yes, we must manage this HashMap somwhere around the schema managment.
But if we do that, we must synchronize the HashMap.