directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Performance testing
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:23:49 GMT
Hey Alex,

Welcome back from vacation!

Here's a couple of thoughts:

- Created maven archetypes specific to performance
testing directory servers, with a set of directories
for DS configuration files.  Thus there should be one
archetype per DS.  So apache would have one, and
OpenLDAP would have another.  The configuration files
directory should mirror the DS's configuration file
directory structure.  This isolates the DS's
configuration settings per performance test, and
provides the initial baseline for everyone to use.
- Create another Archetype input directory for the
LDIF files.
- Write a mojo that embeds ApacheDS, loads the
configuration files, and then runs all the tests on
the specific server instance, and then generates
reports.  This way each instance of this archetype is
running the DS in an isolated manner.  Would also be
cool to integrate this stuff with Eclipse TPTP, using
something similar to the maven eclipse plugin...that
way all the results are cross compatible with TPTP and
can be opened up in an eclipse TPTP project...maybe in
version 2 of the mojo...or mojo plugin set.
- Something similar for OpenLDAP...
- Bind this mojo to the maven lifecycle in each
archetype.
- Now anyone can create a quick maven DS performance
testing project, make a few configuration file changes
if that's what's being tested, add unit tests if
necessary, and go!
- The mojo should also produce put the reports in an
output directory somewhere within the site directory,
and this directory should be the same for all DSs.

I'll be glad to throw together a sample archetype for
ApacheDS if this sounds interesting.

Coding the mojo should also be fairly straightforward.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
- Ole

- Write a maven mojo that