directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Gettting an OID to Normalizer map for LdapDN
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:12:39 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at LdapDN.normalize() which takes another LdapDN and an OID to normalizer map.
 Emmanuel these OID's are he OIDs of attributeTypes correct?

Also I created a new method in AttributeTypeRegistry called getNormalizerMapping().  The registry
will manage and cache the normalizers for attributeTypes by accessing the equality match matching
rule of the attributeType and getting it's normalizer.  Then it will add the normalizer to
the map by OID and by name.

I implemented this method in the BootstrapAttributeTypeRegistry and the GlobalAttributeTypeRegistry
and committed it in revision 411456 here:

Emmanuel we were talking about how and where from we can get this normalization map.  I think
this is the best place to build it and manage it.  Because we can have the map updated by
the registry when new attribute types are registered.

WDYT?

Alex