directory-dev mailing list archives

From Steven_Carm...@brown.edu
Subject Re: WARNING !!! (was [ApacheDS] 1.0-RC3 Released)
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 14:28:09 GMT
At 11:17 AM +0200 5/11/06, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>For whom it may concern :
>
>ApacheDS 1.0-RC3 has been released to solve important issues Alex and
>Enrique had with Kerberos.
>
>AFAIK, the core hasn't be changed and using ApacheDS-RC2 is the way to
>go, considering we have building problems with RC3.

I used RC1 on a Mac OS 10.4 system; it installed successfully, seemed
to start ok, but wouldn't respond to requests for network connections.

I never tried RC2.

Yesterday, late in the day, I downloaded RC3. The install failed (a
problem writing to /etc/init.d/apacheds). A couple of minutes later,
I saw my first kernel panic on the new mac I bought last august....

I've had a number of problems this morning, with various applications
exhibiting a variety of (sometimes very severe) problems.....