directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem building ApacheDS against JDK 1.4
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 07:33:40 GMT
FYI, I just updated and noticed a JDK1.5 dependency has crept in lately:

D:\ad\shared\ldap\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\shared\ldap\ldif\LdifReader.java:[1203,55]
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method defaultCharset ()
location: class java.nio.charset.Charset

I replaced the call to Charset.defaultCharset().toString() with
"UTF-8" (I presume the best replacement substitution in JDK 1.4?) but
then got the following sure-fire failures.

I've been following the other LDIF threads and I'll be a keen customer
for the new LdifReader (that understands the "changetype" modifier)
when it's all singing and dancing!

Thanks