directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <SZOER...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: embedding documentation ?
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 12:19:00 GMT
Hi Erik!

> Does anyone have some documentation thats relevant for embedding the
current releases ?
> I've looked at this a long time ago before the top level directory
project move (early 0.9
> I think) and a lot of stuff has been refactored since. Also since there
are only
> installers in the current releases I was wondering which jar files I
needed. Any pointers
> would be greatly appriciated.

I don't know whether there is a complete/official documentation on how to
accomplish this task (there should be one).
But last week I was able to embed ApacheDS in my favorite AppServer. I used
the following as a blueprint:
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/configuration.html
and (even more helpful) the source code for embedding it in JBoss. The
latter is located here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/trunks/apacheds/server-sar/
Take a look at class org.apache.directory.server.sar.DirectoryService.

I hope this helps for a start,
    Stefan