directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: cvs.apache.org and minotaur.apache.org
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 02:33:16 GMT
> I've found that cvs.apache.org and svn.apache.org points to
> a different IP address than minotaur.apache.org .

Yes.  As we have told people on many occassions, DO NOT USE HOST NAMES.

> I guess this change is brought byt the recent crash of minotaur.

No, it was brought about by moving source control to a more restricted
server.

> Is this change permanent, or temporary?

Permanent.

> this is related with the recent vote there about releasing
> Maven POM which changes the host name of the deployment
> machine from cs.apache.org to minotaur.apache.org.

*DO NOT USE HOST NAMES*

We have people.apache.org, www.apache.org, $TLP.apache.org,
issues.apache.org, svn.apache.org, etc.  DO NOT USE HOST NAMES.

	--- Noel