directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code based on a one man show is bad news ( was: Re: [Fwd: svn commit: r408142 - ... )
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 16:08:03 GMT

> > Are my concerns founded?
>
> Yes, your concerns are founded and I will work to alleviate them ASAP.
> I am very much looking forward to community involvement.  It was never
> my intention to be a one-man show on OSGi and I thought that working to
> grow the Felix project was an excellent sign of that.  The OSGi R4 specs
> weigh in at 1,100 pages so the more people reading and grokking the
> spec, the better.

I think Alex's concern is not just about the OSGi service but about all
protocol providers such as Kerberos.  I strongly agree with Alex though it
is true that all of us didn't have special interest in those protocol
providers.  Now, it's time for all of us to get involved into those
components to make sure it belongs to the community.  Until all of us are
ready to support them, I think you, as the best guy, need to support users
actively and keep writing documentation for them.

Regards,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6