directory-dev mailing list archives

From "jerome lacoste" <jerome.laco...@gmail.com>
Subject Plugin development guide: where to put the resources
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 12:28:14 GMT
Trying to solve MOJO-397 [1], I am searching for a guide to define
standard location of files accessed by a plugin. As [2] doesn't seem
to contain anything, I wonder if src/main/$plugin/ is the official
directory.

In the webstart plugin case, we need to let the user configure both
the location of a template file and a resources directory. The plugin
currently requires to use a separate project, but in the short future,
we will allow to use it within an existing project. For that reason, I
tend to think we should use src/main/jnlp/resources and
src/main/jnlp/template.vm as default paths.

Does that sound correct to you? If not, please comment in [1].

If there's no documentation regarding that, what about adding a
"resources" section to [2]?

Cheers,

Jerome

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-397