directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code based on a one man show is bad news ( was: Re: [Fwd: svn commit: r408142 - ... )
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 21:36:56 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 5/25/06, *Enrique Rodriguez* <enriquer9@gmail.com
> <mailto:enriquer9@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>      > Are my concerns founded?
>
>     Yes, your concerns are founded and I will work to alleviate them ASAP.
>     I am very much looking forward to community involvement.  It was never
>     my intention to be a one-man show on OSGi and I thought that working to
>     grow the Felix project was an excellent sign of that.  The OSGi R4 specs
>     weigh in at 1,100 pages so the more people reading and grokking the
>     spec, the better.
>
> I think Alex's concern is not just about the OSGi service but about all
> protocol providers such as Kerberos.  I strongly agree with Alex though
> it is true that all of us didn't have special interest in those protocol
> providers.  Now, it's time for all of us to get involved into those
> components to make sure it belongs to the community.  Until all of us
> are ready to support them, I think you, as the best guy, need to support
> users actively and keep writing documentation for them.

Hi, Trustin,

I am really excited to hear that you are hoping to get more involved in
not just OSGi but also the "realm controller" protocol providers.  While
I work to alleviate the user support issues and to write documentation
specific to the provider implementations, a really great way to start to
come up to speed on DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, Change Password, and NTP is by
reading the IETF specifications that these protocols are based on.  If
you wanted I could put together a reading list of the relevant IETF
RFC's, as well as the page numbers and chapters of the OSGi R4
specification, since much of the R4 spec does not apply to our project.

Enrique