directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Access Control Scheme information
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 07:55:50 GMT
Hi all,

X.501 defines an attribute accessControlScheme for Access Control
Specific Entries which determines the active scheme for handling access
control in that administrative area. For example, it's used to control
if subentries have prescriptive ACIs of valid types according to that
scheme.

It seems that this topic is in our "Access Control Notes from X.501"
document at
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Access+Control+Notes+from+X.501.
(It's also in ApacheDS site but not published due to some format errors.)

So, what's the reason we have not adopted this in our implementation?
Doesn't it worth? Don't we need it? (I think we may need it in the
future, say if we implement Simplified or Role Based Access Control as
defined in X.501) Or have we forgotten? :-)

(BTW, this X.501 thing is fantastic :-) )

Thanks.

--
Ersin