directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Releasing the root build POM 1.0.5
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 20:42:50 GMT

>> it's pretty much a question of pointing to the right server in the
>> DNS, rather than doing a redirect, if I am not totally wrong.
>
> The redirect is ASF infra policy.  Unless maven gets its own server in
> ASF and names it maven.apache.org, there's no way around it, the POMs
> need to point to people.apache.org.

This is something that puzzle me. Either apache projects use maven, and
we should have a repo to store poms (be it on people.a.o, but with a
redirection from repo.a.o or whatever it could be), or we should avoid
using maven at all. These remote repo is totally insane, and out of control.

Currently, ADS build is totally brocken due to modification in repos,
and it's not going to be easy to fix.

Sorry about that, but I think that we are loosing some big time with
those kind of issues, which should not occurs at this point of the project.

IMHO, of course ;)

Emmanuel