directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Releasing the root build POM 1.0.5
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 08:00:02 GMT
Trustin Lee a écrit :

> As you noticed from my recent questions to the infra team, cvs and svn
> have been separated from minotaur *permanently*, and therefore we
> cannot use cvs.apache.org <http://cvs.apache.org> anymore.  We need to
> change it to something else.  I thought specifying minotaur.apache.org
> <http://minotaur.apache.org> directly, but Noel kindly pointed me out
> that it's wrong.  For now, we can use people.apache.org
> <http://people.apache.org>, but I think we need to file a JIRA issue
> about this so the infra team can create a new generic name for this
> use case, such as build.apache.org <http://build.apache.org> or
> site.apache.org <http://site.apache.org>. Meanwhile, we can go with
> people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org>.

To clarify, after a convo with Trustin, this change is needed because we
need a place to store our SNAPSHOTs somwhere, and cvs.apache.org is not
this somwhere anymore :)

It would be better if we have a place named maven.apache.org - and we
will ask for it - but right now, we don't have it, so we have to move to
a permanent and stable place to store those SNAPSHOTs that maven need.
This is why Trustin suggest people.apache.org.