directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r406888 - /directory/trunks/apacheds/kerberos-shared/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/shared/store/operations/GetPrincipal.java
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 17:45:20 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> ah ! Ok
>
> this was my second bet, so : a new point.
>
> I gonna think twice about what you wrote, it's a little bit
> complicated for my french brain, which is not english fluent ;)

Again, sorry for putting you and Ersin on the spot with this one.  I
know you were just fixing a build issue.

The problem is that I've had to deal with this a lot lately with
updating the OSGi build to M2 and Felix.  OSGi will make it obvious when
you have excessive dependencies and when you are causing tight coupling
between jars, which is the case with apacheds-core and shared-ldap.
Those two artifacts are the source of our worst coupling.

Also, I'm a bit frustrated because I just went through this with a
similar issue.  There is some Calendar manipulation code in DateUtils
that was causing pointless deps on shared-ldap elsewhere.  In that case,
the Calendar manipulation is a simple one-liner with a DateFormat.

Enrique