directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Attributes and DN question
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 04:59:44 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> I've created it. It mixes ModificationItems and Entries, with a DN, so
> we cover all the cases.
Did you have a look at the existing LDIF classes in shared-ldap ?  Were
they inadequate .. I know some features were not there.  Also years ago
Jeff Machols had worked on some LDIF code in the clients libraries.
Unless there is some extra ordinary reason we should not reinvent the wheel?

> btw, I'm not sure that allowing the server to injext a ldif file
> whenstarting is such a good idea... Let me elaborate a lil bit : what
> if your server is restarted? The ldif will be injected again. And that
> may not be the expected behavior. wdyt ?
The server puts an entry into the ou=system area about the ldifs it
loaded.  It remembers what it has loaded.
This is not the greatest thing in the world but it was a great way to
get apps built on top of apacheds to
load an initial LDIF file.

> It could be better to have a tool to inject Ldif entries and changes
> into the server (like LdifDe). IMHO :)
Well there is the apacheds-tools module.  I intended to put this
functionality there as well as some command line clients.

WDYT?