directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John Stevens" <johnsteve...@hotmail.com>
Subject [mina] Suitability to use MINA for networked games
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:10:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

Could anyone please tell me the suitability and advantage of using the MINA
framework for a simple multiplayer client/server game as opposed to using
standard Java NIO? I've studied the website and docs of MINA but to be
honest the information provided as well as documentation for the examples is
sparse (i.e. theres no informative tutorial/documentation/links as there are
with other Apache projects).

If MINA does make network programming simple then it would be of interest to
me. I have done network programming (although I'm no expert) but if this
framework provides the infrastructure for common networking issues then I am
interested in using it for my simple game.

Any help, info, and advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

John

Discover the magic of RSS feeds at MSN Ireland! http://ie.msn.com/