directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Yang <jimy...@safehaus.org>
Subject Re: RC1 on OS X 10.4
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:16:04 GMT
All,

I am working on Mac OS X specific installation. This is similar to
MySQL MacOS X.

The scenario is pretty simple:
#1: Download apacheds-standard-1.0RC1-osx10.4-powerpc.dmg
#2:  Mount the dmg disk, which contains the following files:

1. apacheds-standard-1.0RC1-osx10.4-powerpc.pkg:
    double click this file to install apacheDS on /usr/local, user
will be asked to authenticate first

2. ApacheDSStartupItem.pkg
    double click this file to Automate Startup by putting a hook
under /Library/StartupItems/ApacheDS/ApacheDS
   you can also run ApacheDS through CLI by issuing: sudo /Library/
StartupItems/apacheDS/ApacheDS start

3.  ApacheDS.prefPane
This will install ApacheDS preference pane to MacOS X System Preferences

4 Readme.txt

Any feedback or thoughts on this process ?

Regards,

Jim