directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading the OSGi
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:41:53 GMT
On 4/26/06, John E. Conlon <jconlon@verticon.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 18:01 -0400, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> >  I made a 'main' module that will
> > assemble ApacheDS deps with the Felix runtime and startup with an
> > ApacheDS Felix "profile."  I just committed this on rev 396981.
>
> Yes I see it. Very nice.
>
> But, why the new org.apache.directory.server.Main class? Couldn't you
> have reused Felix's main?

Hmm, good point.  I copied it as a start and, in retrospect, it ended
up unchanged.  I'll update to copy in the Felix main jar and test.

> Should the log4j.properties file go in the conf directory with the other
> the properties files?

Sure.  That would be consistent with Felix convention.

> Regarding logging, I needed to create a similar logging bundle to yours
> because some of my other bundles had transitive dependencies on commons-
> logging as well, so I added jcl104-over-slf4j. While at it, I added  an
> Activator that reset the configuration at start time. Now no need to
> restart the framework after changing the log4j.properties file, just
> stop and start the log bundle.

That's a nice feature.  I did my POM wrapper to get things working.  I
don't plan on making any logging breakthroughs.  At some point we can
check out how any logging bundles out there turn out.

> Will the new M2 plugin support scr and the Service-Component manifest
> header?

It will take less than 10 minutes to add this support to the plugin.
I can get around to it when ever we update Service Binder to SCR.  Or
sooner if there is demand.

Enrique