directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Problems when embedding with tomcat / building
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:33:16 GMT
Hi Marcelo!

Marcelo Alcantara wrote:

> 1. There is a easy way to launch ApacheDS from Tomcat? (I used an init
> from a servlet).
I do not know much about Tomcat, but there probably exist container
specific extension points, which are at least an alternative to your
approach. The embedding implementations I have seen so for used
vendor/product interfaces/JMX to plug ApacheDS in. Have you considered a
Service (org.apache.catalina.Service,
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService)? Warning: I don't knew whether
this is a valid option ... And in general it probably depends on what
you in detail want to achieve. For instance: Do you want LDAP clients be
able to connect to the embedded server remotely?

> 2. How do I get sources and build locally? Maven 1.02 or 2.0?

I currently use Maven 2.0.4 successfully. This week someone reported a
problem when building ApacheDS with 2.0.2, which disappeared with the
newer version ...

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---