directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RC1 on OS X 10.4
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:37:07 GMT
Jim Yang wrote:
> All,
>
> I am working on Mac OS X specific installation. This is similar to
> MySQL MacOS X.
>
> The scenario is pretty simple:
> #1: Download apacheds-standard-1.0RC1-osx10.4-powerpc.dmg
> #2:  Mount the dmg disk, which contains the following files:

This is soooo cool Jim (Yang)! Can't wait to have it.

Is there a way we can integrate this into the daemon plugins?   Right
now the daemon plugin for M2 can build all the installers
for apacheds. It's pretty neat.  The plugin uses the Tomcat jsvc and the
procrun commons daemon code (like the Java Wrapper) and builds
installers that use them for ApacheDS.  The plugin now can invoke the
installer compilers for Inno setup and for izpack.

Seems to me this new mechanism will use yet another installer builder or
perhaps something specific to MacOSX.  Excuse my
ignorance here.  But it would be nice to integrate whatever it is with
the daemon installer plugin some day so we don't have to
generate these installers for MacOSX by hand.  Once you have the process
down we can perhaps work together to integrate it
into  the M2 build and then it will be as easy to generate installers as
issuing an 'mvn install' command.

Thanks,
Alex