directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RC1 on OS X 10.4
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:06:31 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> This reminds me of a topic: would it be possible that during
> the install process it doesn't try to create the start scripts in
> /etc/ but rather local to the install? Much easier for people
> to install and test :)
Hey Jim,

Glad to see you lurking.  Yeah I've been meaning to fix this for MacOSX
installs.
MacOSX does not have an /etc/init.d directory either so it's a bit out
of place for us
to be stuffing the file over there.   I think for RC2 tho I have made
installing the
rc script optional so root access is no longer required to do this.  You
should be able
to uncheck the creation of this file in the installer once we release RC2.

Regards,
Alex