directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0-RC2
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:06:30 GMT
It's about that time again.  Seems like we've fixed some critical bugs
and still have some less important bugs lingering out there.  Here are
the issues closed for RC2:

New Feature     DIRSERVER-593     make documentation and sources an
optional part of the install
New Feature     DIRSERVER-592     Be able to install the server as
non-root user
New Feature     DIRSERVER-596     Add debug shortcut to start the server
in debug mode on UNIX
Bug     DIRSERVER-597     Uninstaller izpack is broken on Redhat
Bug     DIRSERVER-595     fix installer shortcuts on unix
Bug     DIRSERVER-580     OID in attribute Type are not accepted in a DN\
Bug     DIRSERVER-587     PSearch sends results of old binding instead
of new binding with changeType
Bug     DIRSERVER-594     Allow user specified init scripts to override
the template used in izpack and rpm installers
Bug     DIRSERVER-598     Add a shortcut for documentation on UNIX

There were other issues dealing with performance and correct operation
that I could not find in JIRA but Emmanuel definitely made another set
of improvements.
We have a few bugs remaining before a 1.0 but they're not show stoppers
for another release candidate.  During the process of preparing the
release we might also knock out some more low hanging issues or close
ones which were actually fixed in JIRA (JIRA cleanup).

Geronimo peeps are also looking forward to updating G1.1 with the latest
ApacheDS version.  I figure we can get a more stable server out there
for them and our user community.  Believe it or not they're still
running on 0.9.2.

[ ] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0-RC
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 1.0-RC