directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject RC2 report #1
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:57:54 GMT
Hi guys ! This is the first report for RC2. It's just a reminder and it
can help us to select the issues we want fixed in RC2.

(PS : Sorry, it was supposed to be posted a week ago, but I just forget
to do it ...)

1) News :
---------

We have some really serious bugs in RC1, so a new RC2 should be
seriously considered soon.

2) Roadmap milestones
---------------------

1.0-RC2 not scheduled yet

Bugs :
------

Here the list of bugs we could close before 1.0-RC2.

The only Blocker is DIRMINA-200. I really don't know if it's a blocker
for ADS...

We have 34 issues, of which 4 should be closed, and 13 to be investigated

Bug to be invastigated :

+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-191   | Is it still a bug ??? Should be
fixed                 | Critical| Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-607   | To be reproduced with newer version of JRockit JVM
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-606   | To be investigated (don't know if it's
valid)         | Critical| Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-605   | To be reproduced with newer version of JRockit JVM
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-601   | To be investigated
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-591   | To be investigated
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-589   | To be investigated
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-588   | To be investigated
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-587   | To be investigated
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-586   | To be investigated
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-177   | To be investigated. Is it still a bug ?
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-110   | Still a bug?
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIR-126         | Still a bug?
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

Bug to be fixed for RC2 :
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-603   | Parser issue
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-599   | Long schema compilation problem
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-582   | non ASCII char pb : A fix should be provided
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-581   | LDIF parser multiline pb
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-579   | This is a serious one ! DB corruption
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-330   | Infinite loop with bad configuration
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-309   | Error handling in decoder
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-258   | DN parser issue
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-257   | AC pb
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-249   | Filter pb
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-190   | LdapResult matched DN
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-178   | URL parsing
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRSERVER-169   | Search result and compare
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRMINA-162     | Datagram issue
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

Bug to be closed :
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIR-123         | 0.9.2 is dead
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIR-115         | Not an issue
| Major   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIR-186         | Client is in sandbox
| Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

| DIRMINA-199     | Not an issue, just a improvment in
documentation      | Minor   | Open        |
+-----------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------------+

4) Work in progress (Please fill the gaps ;)
-------------------

Alex :  I'll help push out this RC2 release.

Trustin :

Niklas :

Stefan :
* Investigate on bugs like DIRSERVER-606 and DIRSERVER-601
* Add some content to the Apache
* Perform functional tests

Ersin :

Enrique : Will be converting old maven 1 to M2 for all the OSGi wrappers.

Emmanuel : Will do some bug fixes for the next two weeks. And so load
tests too.

Phil :

Vince :

Brett :

5) Miscelleanous

Nothing much. It would be cool if we can have an updated version of
committers (active and inactive), and two separate lists for MINA
committers and ADS committers.

Happy Easter !