directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: JBoss apacheds-server-sar
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:30:18 GMT
Jörg Henne wrote:

>> Nice work.  Can you get the generated sar to work with a patched
>> version of the plugin?
>>
>> Alex
> Yes, except for the ugly nlog4j vs. log4j incompatibiliy-issue
> (IncompatibleClassChangeError) I worked around by replacing JBoss's
> log4j with nlog4j. However, didn't do any extensive testing yet.
Yeah that's the approach many people seem to be taking.  A friend
recently had the same issue and used the slf4j-log4j12 version of slf4j
instead of using nlog4j and the problem disappeared.  I think this
implementation allows slf4j to play nice with log4j.  Also the sar
should not have the log4j jar in it.

> Do you have a clean solution for the log4j problem? On the mailing
> list Ceki mentioned that the nlog4j incompatibility should be fixed as
> of nlog4j 1.2.16. The SAR references and contains 1.2.19, but the
> problem persists.
See above comments.

Additionally I tried to apply your patch on
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-377 and could not get the patch
file to work.  Could you try to regenerate it with an svn diff?

I can commit your changes once I get the patch working.

Alex