directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Embedded LDAP Server Viewer Portlet
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:55:07 GMT
Chris Cardona wrote:
> Hello All (Aaron, Joe, Paul),
>
> I would like to work on a new portlet for the console
> which can be used to view/explore the contents of the
> embedded LDAP server (Apache DS). This can be added
> under Misc > Embedded LDAP Server. I plan to use Dojo
> javascript toolkit and DWR to accomplish this task.
> Since we are already using DWR for our Ajax stuff my
> only question is the use of Dojo. Is it ok to include
> Dojo to the console? Your comments and suggestions are
> most welcome.

Let us know what we can do to help with this.  We were also working on
UI tools for ApacheDS so I think there can be good collaboration here.
It would be nice to be able to run this GUI both in Geronimo and within
an embedded Jetty instance running inside a standalone ApacheDS server.

I've CC'd a couple people who have been interested in doing this.
Excuse the cross post to dev@d.a.o.

Regards,
Apache Directory Team