directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed Tests
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:24:23 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> * 2.0-RC1 + patch
>
> You probably meant RC2 here.

Not really RC2 yet :) We need to find a fix for the concurrent problem.

>> * 0.9 : Strange enough, the fastest of all the different versions : I
>> reached 744 searches per second with 5 threads.
>
> With correctness comes a cost ... various schema checks and such are
> slowing down the server.

Exactly. I was surprized when I saw the results, but they are biased.
First, we have added a lot of fixes and functionalities since 0.9.
Second, starting with 0.9.2, we have this concurrent problem that forbid
us to go to higher numbers.

>> * 1.0-RC1 + patch : more than 780 req/s with one thread. No more
>> memory leak. *But* : just freeze with more than one thread, after a
>> few thousand requests. There is a concurrent access problem in this
>> version...
>
> Shooot!  We have to find this concurrency issue.  :(

Yeah. Hard work though.

>> Obviously, 1.0-RC1 is *not* production ready. And 1.0-RC2 is still in
>> its pre-infancy.
>
> Aahhha!

Baby need new diapers ? Let's provide some !!!

I think all those results are just good news. There are bugs, we know
that, and this is good, because a known bug is a almost fixed bug.

Emmanuel