On Mar 12, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:
Because of datagram transport and pluggable thread pool, we have to retain the synchronization.  Datagram doesn't become a problem if DIRMINA-162 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-162 ) is resolved.  WRT non-leader-followers thread pool, it apparently is a problem.

The question would be 'do we really need pluggable thread pool?' or 'does an ordinary thread pool outperform a leader-followers thread pool seriously?'  Robert told us an ordinary TP performs 25% better than a LFTP, but it might be just because encoding is not pooled.

Is it really specific to the type of thread pool? I attached a pluggable implementation to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-184 , and retained the ordering of events while using a ThreadPoolExecutor..
-pete