On Mar 10, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Trustin Lee wrote:

(a) MINA sticks to 1.4 support without messing with byte code and
experiments with retroweaver.  She should release a 1.0 and have a solid
stable API for 1.4 and 1.5 support.  At this point I'd like to see mina
graduate incubation and start a new branch 1.1 which focuses on JDK1.5
with mina 1.0 as 1.4 fall back.  This can occur in about 4-6 months IMHO.

If MINA is released with 1.4 and 1.5 support not using retrotranslator, we have to maintain two branches for one release.  Do you mean it?  I have done it before with other projects and it was a real overhead.

I think Alex means that Mina 1.0 wouldn't use any 1.5-specific features.

BTW it is very strange that nobody responses to my messages about retrotranslator (not retroweaver).  I want to listen to any reason behind all other people's opinions with respect to my opinion.

I'm fine with retrotranslater, but only because I wouldn't be using it in any production systems :) I totally understand the concerns of people about using bytecode modification in production systems.
-pete