directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for ":<" LDIF syntax in ApacheDS
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:32:51 GMT
Hi All,

I have need to import potentially long files via LDAP and noted that
rfc2849 mentioned the ":<" operator allowing an attribute's value to
be provided by "including" the contents of a URL. I have added the
support for ":<" by enhancing
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.ldif.LdifParserImpl in
trunks/shared/ldap .

Is this enhancement interesting enough to open a JIRA and submit a
patch for? If so I'd need some help regarding how to preprocess the
unit test files in Maven2 so that the "file://" URL includes a
sensible absolute path name by the time the unit test actually runs.
Or alternatively the unit test could cover the "http://" case only
(mandating an internet connection being available for the unit tests
to pass).

Cheers