directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianmaria Clerici" <gcler...@bridgestream.com>
Subject problems changing the admin user password with 0.9.3
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:19:52 GMT
I am starting the apache directory server with the default
configuration:

        <prop key="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</prop>

        <prop
key="java.naming.security.principal">uid=admin,ou=system</prop>

        <prop key="java.naming.security.credentials">secret</prop>

But then I would like to change the password for the admin user.

I log into the apache server with an LDAP browser and change the
password to "newpassword".

Then I shutdown the server and change the configuration:

        <prop key="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</prop>

        <prop
key="java.naming.security.principal">uid=admin,ou=system</prop>

        <prop key="java.naming.security.credentials">newpassword</prop>

I get an error as the SimpleAuthenticator is failing.

If I use "secret" again, it works.

So how do I change the admin password, permanently?