directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA broadcast support
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:10:17 GMT
Niklas already answered, but I'd like to comment a little bit more.

On 3/23/06, J├Ârg Henne <j.henne@levigo.de> wrote:

> the MINA website lists (UDP) broadcast support as missing. Is this
> information still correct? Do you have any pointers for me, if I were to
> embark on a mission to build broadcast support (specifically, something
> DHCPish) based on old IO?

It's still correct and we'll be really glad if someone wants to implement
it.  Implementing a new transport type (i.e. multicast) is to implement
IoAcceptor and IoConnector interface.  Please refer to the implementation
classes such as DatagramAcceptor and DatagramConnector.

I didn't consider broadcasting at the moment I designed MINA API, so you
might have to modify the API to support broadcasting thoroughly.  It's OK of
course.  I think we need to support multicast before we release 1.0 for the
completeness of the API.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6