directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we go JDK 1.5 in 1.1 branch
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:18:16 GMT

> (a) MINA sticks to 1.4 support without messing with byte code and
> experiments with retroweaver.  She should release a 1.0 and have a solid
> stable API for 1.4 and 1.5 support.  At this point I'd like to see mina
> graduate incubation and start a new branch 1.1 which focuses on JDK1.5
> with mina 1.0 as 1.4 fall back.  This can occur in about 4-6 months IMHO.

If MINA is released with 1.4 and 1.5 support not using retrotranslator, we
have to maintain two branches for one release.  Do you mean it?  I have done
it before with other projects and it was a real overhead.

BTW it is very strange that nobody responses to my messages about
retrotranslator (not retroweaver).  I want to listen to any reason behind
all other people's opinions with respect to my opinion.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6